Monday, December 9, 2019

A Game Named "Growing-Up"!




-
Frds,

Every year on my birth day I write to my younger genre, it’s like my own letter to myself & I thought what better words I can write back for your wishes for me than these, you can choose to read just highlighted part also, or can go through all the crap, your choice  J

Thanks again for every good thing which has made my life wonderful…  Sanjay
--

“It take guts to tell someone on face that  “you are wrong” but ittakes far more than just guts when that someone is standing in front of you in the mirror”...

Dear rohit, rohan, nikhil, ketki, rohit-M &, shruti, tanisha, siya & jr. gang, well I only wrote this quote so refrained myself to put the name of the author & then if it's a good quote then anyone can use it by putting his or her name on it, I don’t mind as each of us has to face every day any wrong things around including the person in the mirror! I think this is what I have learnt while reaching to fifty one & this exactly is the reason why I write to you on my birthday, as I see myself in all of you, in some way!  If my parents are my link to the past then all of you not just rohit rohan, but each of you are my link to present as whenever I think life is boring & now I am done with routine I think any of you & suddenly life becomes much more livable & vibrant, that’s what age makes the difference when you grow up!

Well, indeed most of you are “millennial kids’, a latest in term (actually used as slang) used by the so called adults & technically it means those who has born post 1990 i.e. in the Internet era! Interestingly, I always wonder what should be my genre called as, who are mostly on other side of forty & around fifty, because when we were kids, there wasn’t even TV (baring those from Mumbai/ Pune), wrist-watches were HMT & only for Dad, two wheeler was luxury & four wheeler was for super riches, the only phone was black long cabeled dialing system land line types & was sign of wealth. The only travels we had were in summer holidays to some relatives place that too for marriage of some distant cousin, shoes were that of given by NCC i.e. National Cadet Core. And these are just few examples of our exposure to outer world & that’s why most of us were on same platform while we grow up. Now look at your genre as you are born in Internet Area, for liking something, for e.g. a latest Nike shoe (sorry Underarmor now) doesn’t necessarily means you need to have seen that shoe in some showroom or on some friend of yours as you can see the shoe on any online shopping portal or on Insta post or Snapchat & you know such shoe exists & you know your dad can buy you that! Well, where the question of whether you need (I am not even saying deserve) that shoe or not come in between as unfortunately today’s most things are not need driven but greed driven, is what I think , when I look back my years.

And I don’t blame you as you don’t even understand what greed means, courtesy most of my genre who themselves have mixed needs with their greed or say has become part of rat race, confused? Ok, what is difference between need, greed & fear factor of society (read as rat race), need is something which you feel is a must do thing to survive or to perform better than what you are doing by using that thing & that’s why you want it or buy it. Means, you have a sport shoe or say chappal & you want to participate a running competition, so you need some good basic running shoes, that’s need. Greed is you already have good running shoes but you want better or costlier shoes just because you know about such shoes & you know you can have it & you buy it or you keep thinking about buying it. And social fear factor  is you are not needy neither you are greedy (rare thing) but you most or few friends have a shoe model & they make fun of you or you think they will make fun of you if you don’t buy that particular shoe, even when you can buy it & you end up buying that shoe! And this is just a shoe I am using as an example where as right from bike, jeans, car, job, home, holidays & even career, everything we are doing is either surrendering to our greed or chasing some social media created target just to prove others that you also can buy it or do it, the way others are doing! It’s like many people standing in a room covered by mirrors on all walls creating a total chaos where everyone is copying  other’s reflection in the mirror, thinking it’s his or her own!

This is what the biggest challenge for me or say my genre is I will say, as we were (and are) much gullible to the social media or Internet than you guys as we get hooked to it the way a kid gets hooked to some new toy but you are born with it & you are much more matured than most of us actually. But as usual picture is painted that most new genre is getting drowned with internet which isn’t a case. We grew where all were mostly same & suddenly when few of us went to USA or got some better things than others then unknowingly to match them we started running behind things which weren’t our need. If you see the posts on FB or Insta by the genre above forty, you will know what I am telling may be by now you must be laughing as you guys know it already! Now you must be wondering why I am telling you the things which you know already, well, I think that’s what age makes you realize that when we say someone is wrong then there is equally chance of our perception of wrong itself may be wrong, especially when judging someone! As you will say whole your childhood & even now I keep telling you about Disney & Marvel movies stories which resolves about good & bad but then there is difference between good & bad & right or wrong, this is what my gain while completing fifty one, is what I wanted to share! Definition of good & bad will never change, our understanding of good & bad which can change or say keep modifying but right or wrong, everyone has to define by his or her own! And thanks to all you younger ones who made me understand this very basic of life & this sharing is for you need not have to write about right or wrong when some day you will turn fifty one but something better than mine to your genre next.

Just know that no generation is free of challenges & like every Super Hero has got his or her own different villain, same way we all have our own challenges & fears & worries too! And with age also these villains changes their face, shape & strengths also. Actually it’s not like the virtual game where at every next level the intensity or power of the villain increases, making next lever game difficult for the player but it’s both ways in life. With age your body starts giving up but if you use your experience of playing the game properly (read as wisdom) then your mind takes over your body & still you can overpower the villain named challenges which are attacking you non-stop & more vigorously! And at the same time you can enjoy the game also, which is most important part of any game! I think this much dosage is enough, only if you have reached to this para by reading till now with patience! Thanks a lot for making me understand game of life & make me (read as keep me) able to enjoy it!

To conclude, you all ask me many a time, what you should gift me on my birth-day, well you have gifted me already the best thing & it’s Hope! A hope that someday you all will make your own definition of right & wrong as good & bad will be same always & when your right matches with good & wrong matches with bad, that day I will say our generations’ also have matched, as something never changes & I am happy for that!

-- 
Sanjay Deshpande 
Sanjeevani Dev.

Please view my sharing about real estate in Pune at U-Tube link below..



Please do visit my blogs to know about our philosophy at Sanjeevani !
 (Click the links below)


http://jivnachadrushtikon.blogspot.in/

Social Side of Sanjeevani ! (Click link below)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65629150@N06/sets/72157627904681345/

For any of your complaints about city, log in at link below

www.punecorporation.org
Take your issues to Hon PM at link below..
Think Green, Think Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave ur name, email id along with ur comment. It will help me to reply ur comment as well improve the blog as per ur suggestions if any... :)
Sanjay